Friday, October 19, 2007

10/04/07: A Quality Inn Graphic Detail

I spent the whole day on Thursday, the 4th travelling from Oregon to Yuba City. It was really a long way, through redwood forests, along the Coast of Calfiornia, and then left through to Clear Lake and on into the dark and lightning-struck night of Central California listending to a NPR (National Public Radio) station from Nevada. Got to the Quality Inn in Yuba City on Rte 99 where I'd made a reservation and it was terrible. Requested a smoking room for some unknown reason, which was bad enough, but the worst was the toilet lid would slap my back every time I sat on the seat and then there was a full-length mirror that faced me on the outside of the bathroom door which wouldn't close. Well, that's for those who like graphic details and to know that all is not nirvana and that those little details of suffering are always there lurking. The good news, I think, is that I got the room free with so-called points.

No comments: