Wednesday, October 17, 2007

10/03/07: Crab Shack and Dinosaurs

The next day my brother wanted to drive up the Coast to Bandon where we were going to have lunch at the Crazy Norwegians (as per Jan Wilcox, whose sister has a flower shop, that used to be a gas station right next door), but it wasn't open, so we went to the Dock, a crab shack on the coast. He had crab louie, which looked fabulous and I had a cheesy seafood fettucine type dish, which was too heavy on the cheese and noodles.

My brother seems to have really liked the hoodie I got him at the Glooscap Trading Post in Nova Scotia what seems like quite long ago now.

Afterwards we headed back toward Gold Beach where we stopped by the Dinosaur Park, which specializes in life size statues of various kinds of dinosaurs. I'd wondered where the Tyranosaurus was, and missed it right in front of the entrance. Didn't look like Jurassic Park. The proprietress was very impressed that I'd driven all the way from Nova Scotia to see her dinosaur park and insisted on helping us take a picture in front of said tyranosaurus. However, I forgot I had a fully automatic setting I could have used and instead tried to do the f stops. She wasn't able to make sure the light was right, so you can't see us very well, but there you go.

This dino turtle didn't turn out too badly.

But I did take a great pic of what looked like a Primeval forest.

We came back to Gold Beach where we repaired to the cabin where we've had many a good talk. My brother's doing very well and it's been good to see him.

No comments: