Thursday, September 20, 2007

9/20/07 evening: Kamloops!!

Well just to let everyone know that I've made it to Kamloops!!! I've been in touch with Mark Hazell and will be there tomorrow night (barring unforseen auspiciousness).

The top right photo is of a mountain in Banff Naitonal Park near where Lake Louise would be. Decided not to go there though so as not to push my luck, so to speak. Was glad I could take off after taking the photo though.
The bottom photo was taken in Glacier National Park. This view was right in your face, straight up across the highway. It was quite foggy, cloudy, and lightly rainy, so I didn't see what must have been mighty peaks up above -- just vague, sneaky glimpses.

Good news though. I did finally hear from David Mann. He and Susan had evidently just bought a car and gone on a walkabout -- or driveabout as the case may be. So, he didn't read my email nor receive my phone messages until I was stuck in Banff. Susan is working as a mobile crisis worker (or as David says as a Desung getting paid the big bucks). He's doing business development work for Meals on Wheels. Susan's looking into a Master's Program for Community Health with a Global view, if I understood that properly.

No comments: